Monday, September 25, 2006

There Oughta Be A Law...


So I was writing my aforementioned book, listening to an online New Age radio station last week (Sept 17-23) when I was jolted by hearing...

wait for it...

CHRISTMAS CAROLS.

It wasn't even the FALL EQUINOX yet and they're playing bloody Xmas muzac?!?! I'm sure this is a cause of global warming. No, really. Think about it. Playing Xmas muzac too early--polar bears eating each other. Makes perfect sense to me. And WHEN did the trend to push the Xmas shopping season back begin? About twenty years ago--THE SAME TIME the hole in the ozone was discovered!

Now, I think that chemicals and pollution DO punch holes in the ozone layer. They still need to be dealt with. But by God, man, every little bit helps! We might not be able to legislate clean air laws with major coorporations, but at least we can wait until November before playing Christmas carols! Surely, this law, if proposed by the Democrats (or any other political party), could (as wll as Bush's continued incompetence) make them easily gain control of Congress.

Then it will a Merry Christmas after all.

No comments: