You know, I'm going to miss Tony Blair. He was so much fun to make fun of. He took the blame for everything in the UK from political suicide to pay toilets. He was PM the entire time I lived in England...heck, he was PM even before I had my massive metal breakdown...even before I was 30!
Which got me thinking about my personal Diety. (Why? What was I supposed to think of?)I don't have one. As a student of mythology and a pagan, I know that no matter what you call it, it's still the same Great Spirit. But heck, I want to be part of a spiritual Illuminati. So I need to dedicate myself to a personal God. I hate long campaigns, so I'm going to make my pick this October 13. And, just as with Tony, if this God doesn't deliver, Ill hold another election. So here are the main canidates:
- Jesus H Christ Well, beel there. Done that. Didn't even get a damn T-shirt from the bugger. He was in power for nearly a 20 year term in my early life, so I highly doubt His bid for re-election is for real.
- Buddha A really well-qualified and proven canidate with a good voting record, but technically not a God.
- Peter Gabriel All right, technically he's not a God, either, but has the sexy charisma I seek for in any Diety. I think he'd be fun to sin against. So, he's a front-runner.
- Hecate. She's the guardian Diety of my dog. My dog managed to get a better AND cheaper seat on a trans-atlantic flight than ME. 'Nuff said.
- Raven I can't get away from this bugger. He's been in my writings in one form or another since I was a little girl. Maybe I should just give up and give him a term in office. All leaders are Tricksters, anyway. ,
May the best God/dess win!