Bad luck played a part in killing Philly Pagan Pride Day, as scheduled speakers just decided to send their astral bodies instead of their physical ones. A nice lady gave out free tarot readings and there were 7 or 8 tables of bright shiny objects for sale (including pepper spray for the Mars worshippers) but outside of that, nada. If there were any talks or lectures or anything else, everyone was sure I left before they started. I stayed for nearly two hours and gave up. It's a bad day when you get more free literature from the Mormons than the Pagans on Philly Pagan Pride Day.
At least no one need fear us--we've proved we're harmless!
What would help bring out attendence to Philly Pagan Pride Day 2007...or 2008 if next year's is called off due to befuddlement. Here's some suggestions:
- A cute mascot
- A game of Pin the Blame on the Donkey
- A slogan...like "Witchin' Is Bitchin'" or something.
- Perhaps handouts on easy tips to help save the enviornment...we are a nature religion, right?
- Clark Park has the world's only full size statue of Charles Dickens. Seance, anyone?
- Pinatas for the kids or those needing a safe release of pent up anger
All kidding aside, I'm glad there is such a thing as a Philly Pagan Pride Day (whether anything happens or not)and I wish it the best of luck on finding a really good spell to whip it into shape.