Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Minister Says To Sunday School Teacher "You Go, Girl!"


Now, I'm sure you've heard of this by now: An 85 year old lady who taught Sunday School in the same church for over 50 years was fired by letter from the new pastor. His reason is a line from St. Paul the Arsehole that women should be seen but not heard. I'm starting to think the pastor was the real killer of Jon-Benet Ramsey. The Bible also condones slavery--so does St. Paul--so I'd love to see the letters any of the blacks in the church are going to get.

I have NOTHING against Christians. I was one myself for nearly twenty years until I finally got tired of pounding my head against a wall. My own Mom is Catholic. But what is this taking every word in the Bible literally attitude? And why, if you're going to do that, pick on some topics and not others? Jesus also said to give up all that you have and give to the poor if wanted you to follow him. How poular is that, eh?
That may be one reason Jesus himself never wrote His words down--I doubt he ever meant for them to be taken one rigid, unchanging way all the time for all people in all circumstances. The only way to explain the unexplainable is through allegory and poetry. No sacred text is to be taken as Gospel...except maybe songs by Peter Gabriel, but that's another post.

So, my advice to this brave lady kicked in her behind---be a Witch! You know you want to!

No comments: