Hey, Blogger's working. Time to post the previously promised essay about all the wisdom I've learned from Star Trek while growing up. We've already learned how to deal with a flasher (see 6/3/06 post down the page). More practical bits of wisdom:
- Whenever you're caught doing something stupid in public, grin and say, "I guess that wasn't exactly something that King Solomon would recommend."(from Captain Kirk in that episode about the planet of the criminally insane)
- Shakespeare will still be hot in the futre
- Mongrels are best
- Break the Prime Directive for a good cause
- Gods can die, or at least fade away, but they definately have no use for a starship
- "Logic is a beautiful flower which smells bad"
I've never actually read the book All I Needed To Know I Learned From Star Trek, so any similarities here is a not-so-remarkable coincidence.