Friday, December 01, 2006

Incrediblyunbrokensentencemovingfromtopictotopic


Well, while I know people have more pressing problems in their lives, right now I couldn't give a monkey's. My writing "career" has just sort of slipped sideways. Remeber that entire first dreft of a Star Trek: The Next Generation novel I wrote a few months ago? Well, it's gotta be indefinately shelved. I found the website of writer's submission guidelines and discovered they will not accept books with the plot line of paralell universes anymore. Whoops--that's kinda a big part of the plot of my book. They leave plotlines like that for "established authors".

So, here's the plan--I becme an established author, and THEN submit the novel. Yeah, that'll do it.

In other news, after collecting a small but select collection of rejection slips for my short stories, poems and personal essays, yesterday I received one "maybe" from Grendelsong. Hey, it's a start. Like the Zen saying goes, a journey of a thousand miles begins with that first step.

2 comments:

MRS said...

YAY! A maybe is a good step! Eventually, you will publish if you keep sending in.

RenaSherwood said...

Thanks :-) Not that I purposefully put the link to Grendelsong to influence any editor's decision-making process or anything...

However, I've taped the e-mail of the 'maybe' to my bedroom mirror.