Thursday, August 08, 2013

My Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes Videos

I'm a freelance writer.  For the past three weeks or so, I've been suffering from writer's block.  I won't bore you with the reasons why.  In order to keep my creative muscles in shape, I decided to learn how to make videos for YouTube.  This took a staggering amount of time and at least five software downloads.  Whenever you hear or read that it's easy to make your own movies or music videos for YouTube, don't believe it.  It takes BLOODY ages and a lot of screaming at the computer screen.

My Mom likes them, but I'm not satisfied with the results.  Anyway, here they are.  They were done on Windows Movie Maker.  Episodes of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes were downloaded using at least one program called iLivid.  The first one is from one of my favorite scenes in the entire series.  It's whopping 45 seconds long from "The Second Stain."

 
 
And something a little more detailed, "Give Jeremy Brett Your Undivided Attention."  I arranged the clips into a very rough narrative, to make a four minute Sherlock Holmes "episode."
 


I do have other videos planned.  My ultimate goal (besides to get rid of this damn writer's block and start making some money again) is to make videos using images from the Sherlock Holmes episodes set to Peter Gabriel songs or songs covered by Peter Gabriel.

No comments: