Sunday, November 20, 2011

Things Aren't So Great At the Moment

I'm still working on the review of Peter Gabriel at Live On Letterman. Since I'm not getting paid for the review, it has slipped down my priority list.

Peter and the New New Blood Orchestra went to South America for his final tour of 2011. Unfortunately, things got to a really rocky start at the SWU Music Festival in Brazil, which ultimately resulted in PG and his oldest daughter Anna receiving death threats from fans of a Brazilian band.

On my 42nd birthday (when PG played in Argentina) I had to go for an in-office, fully-awake-for-this uterine biopsy (which I think is the title of Stephen King's next novel.) The procedure had to be stopped because my cervix refused all admissions. Now I know what it's like to be raped by a Clydesdale. Why do doctors always say, "You may feel some discomfort" when they really mean, "You're gonna wish you were DEAD!"

Unfortunately, work in my profession has come to a crawling stop. Fortunately, this means I suddenly have time freed up to start a blog that may bring in some oney (unlike this one.) It'll be about lucid dreaming and is tentatively titled Dreaming of Peter. I'm including a link to it but as you can see it's not ready for prime time (or Google AdSense) just yet.

Just for the heck of it, I'll close this post with a YouTube video of PG's cover of the Kinks' "Waterloo Sunset." Until next time:

No comments: