Thursday, April 13, 2006

Forms & Emptiness

I'm researching Buddhism, founded by Buddha, or Bud, as I like to call him. So I'm reading a lot of the Dalai Lama, who quotes quite a bit from the Buddha, beleive it or not. Buddhism definately gets my brain out of its comfort zone. Then again, my brain doesn't really exist:

"Form is emptiness; emptiness is form. Form is not other than emptiness; emptiness is not other than form."
Bud

Since nothing is permenant, it doesn'r really exist in The Grand Scheme Of Things. Everything relies on everything else. Everything is therefore in harmony, as forms are the mirror halves of emptiness.

So, even you are not real.

That being said, I think both Bud and the Dalai Lama would encourage all Americans to get their tax forms in by Monday to prove their financial emptiness. At least that's one thing I really really know!

No comments: