Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Left Part of Myself in Germany

I haven't been blogging or writing much of anything since I got back from Leipzig in October for a good reason -- I haven't felt like it.  Since Mom's health is progressively getting worse, I'm spending more time taking care of her and have less time for writing.  For the moment, she's taking care of my bills (something I'm not proud of, but there you go). 

I've been exceptionally tired since the Peter Gabriel concert.  I think I somehow left part of myself at Leipzig Arena.  I'm not sure what part.  I look in the mirror and it doesn't look as if I'm missing anything.  And yet when it comes to writing (which used to be my driving passion) I just don't give a damn anymore (outside of what I'm required to write for my established clients.)

I'll admit that we've had some bad times since I came back.  We had a death in the family and a break-in.  Mom was also diagnosed with yet another health problem that hasn't a cure (breast fibrosis blah blah blah).  Add that to the collection.

I also turned 44.  I spent most of the day getting molested by a horny pit bull.  I found the old guy wandering around confused and idiot me took him while Mom called Animal Control.  I had my period at the time and when the pit bull realized that he tried for hours to hump me.  No wonder I have never been able to attract a good man.  I only smell attractive to another species entirely.

Perhaps the part of me left behind was the last vestiges of hope that I was going to have a happy, fulfilling and successful life.  Now I spend my time (in between migraines, that is -- no, Peter Gabriel's advice for my migraines did not work) taking care of my aging mother and reading the books that other people somehow managed to get published.  I pet the dogs and wonder what the hell happened.

Now that I've completely depressed you, here's something to cheer you up.  This is from the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain:

No comments: