Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Taking a Little Break

My mother is having knee replacement surgery next month. This is on top of her two fractured vertebrae, her fractured pelvis (healing fine, thank you) and cracked leg. So you know what that means -- a break for me from writing that doesn't make me any money, such as this blog.

My only good news at the moment was that I won a writing contest over at Knoji. I won a $200 gift voucher to Amazon.com. I bought a heating pad for Mom, treats for the dogs, filter cartridges for the fish, two Real World CDs I had back in the 1990s, pre-ordered Peter Gabriel's Live Blood and several books on horses in art, dogs in art, Genetics for Dummies and a biography of Caligula.

I've got books to read and a mother and pets to care for. See you later!

No comments: