Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Really Sucks

It's that time of year again where we all act completely opposite to what Christmas was originally about -- taking the place of the midwinter Pagan festivals. This time of year was originally about the Sun and not the Son.

But anyway...

If I hear "Holly Jolly Christmas" one more time, I think I'm going to have to puncture my eardrums with a sharpened candy cane.

If you really want to get cynical about Christmas, I highly recommend the following:

* Working in retail for over 10 years
* Becoming homeless at this time of year (which is actually less painful than working retail during the holiday season. Sadly, I speak from experience.)

Or, you could do what my body did and come down with a sinus and ear infection. Ah, nothing could get you more in the holiday spirit than hearing your doctor say, "I see mucus in your ears." I guess that's proof I'm allergic to Christmas muzac.

I recommend this song as the new "Holly Jolly Christmas" by Jay Brannan.

1 comment:

Relaxation Tunes said...

Hey, come up,

Everything will be ok.
I read that you don't like the Christmas songs.

I sell downloadable relaxation music on www.relaxationtunes.com and if you give me a call, I can give you a CD to help you pass this difficult times. I hope this will help a little.

Take care,
~ Relaxation Tunes