Sunday, October 16, 2011

Peter Gabriel Doing a Whole Mess of Promos for New Blood


If you're a Peter Gabriel fan and did NOT know that his new album New Blood was released last week you offically live under a rock. The last time Peter and his team campaigned so hard on an album was Up (2002.) He's probably been interviewed by journalists from other planets by the time you are reading this. Some highlights:

* Pt 2 of Rolling Stone Interview
* The Arts Desk interview
* PG being stroppy Also note the facepalm-worthy caption that the ever-so-sharp Express put under his photo.

I was hoping to put a link here to my review of New Blood, but my client has been sitting on it for over two weeks. I think I'll just ask the client to delete it since everyone else's reviews have been published.

Overall, I'm disappointed with New Blood. It suffers in comparison to the live shows. If you haven't seen the live shows, then you're in for a treat. Only 3 songs on New Blood are worth the money:

* Red Rain
* Intruder
* Mercy Street

Jury's still out on Darkness and Wallflower. All of the others just do not touch the live versions.

I'm also pissed off that PG wrote a really soppy dedication to his second wife in the liner notes. The last time he dedicated an album to his wife, So (1986) she asked for a divorce about a year later. And no, I don't want him to go through another divorce (like I ever had a shot.) The first divorce put him in therapy for about 15 years -- a second one would probably kill him.

In personal news, my mysterious menstrual pains have returned. It feels like two people are inside me trying to tear my intestines open. (You gotta read a lot of Stephen King to come up with that similie.) I wish I could afford a hysterectomy because this suffering shit gets really old fast.

But let's end on a happy note. This is the world's shortest version of Wallflower, recorded earlier today. The heavily pregnant background singer is Melanie, Peter's second child and youngest daughter. Until next time:

No comments: