Sunday, August 25, 2024

Last Post

Today is the fifth anniversary of the death of my beloved dog Pony. Fitting enough time to say goodbye to blogging. Since this is the first post in three years, this shouldn't be a surprise.

Since Pony died:

* my Dad died six months later

* Hugo died at age 11 at what was thought to be a particularly aggressive form of cancer

* the rest of the goldfish died, the oldest being at least 13

* my Mom has had countless strokes, needed to go in a nursing home for 7 months ... which cost about all of her life savings

* she came back home, bedridden, and I care for her and my two pit bull mixes 

 * tried to commit suicide after Hugo died and Mom went into the home, failed, so I adopted a pit bull mix that was to be euthanized that day

* eleven months later, adopted another pit bull mix that was to be euthanized that day

* had to quit writing

* was appalled at Peter Gabriel's pathetic excuse of an album <i>I/O</i>

* am now mostly listening to Tom Waits, David Bowie, John Prine, and Leonard Cohen.

I'm 54, just waiting to die, but keeping myself distracted from the pain. I know that someone from the Peter Gabriel fan community has tried to contact me. I'd rather be left alone with my dogs, my books, and my Breyer model horses. I stopped all social media except YouTube and Goodreads. 

Goodbye, Blogger.






No comments: